Menu

2014 FORD F150 BATTERY DRAIN

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2014 FORD F150 BATTERY DRAIN

• Creator
    Topic
    jamie l sharpejamie l sharpe
    Participant

I KEEP HEARING THIS NOISE UNDER MY HOOD AFTER THE ENGINE IS SHUT OFF AND IT NEVER GOES AWAY . IT DRAINED MY BATTERY AND I BOUGHT A NEW ONE. CAN’T DO THE PARASITIC TEST BECAUSE WHEN I UNHOOK THE NEGATIVE CABLE THE NOISE GOES AWAY. ONLY WHEN I RESTART ENGINE AND SHUT IT OFF DOES IT COME BACK. DECIDED TO START PULLING FUSES AND IT SHUT OFF ON A COUPLE DIFFERENT ONES .. 1. POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE KEEP ALIVE POWER AND RELAY COIL. CANISTER VENT SOLENOID . AND #2 WAS RUN/START POWER TRAIN CONTROL MODULE, I HAVE NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHTS OR ANYTHING TRUCK RUNS GREAT JUST WHATEVER THAT NOISE IS DRAINS MY BATTERY OVER TIME ? ??

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Anthony SaltarelliAnthony Saltarelli
      Participant

Since there is an audible noise and you have somewhat narrowed down the culprit by pulling fuses, I would start to trace those circuits out and look for anything that may be making the noise. A wiring diagram would be helpful, or if the noise is loud enough, you may be able to isolate it just by sound.

You can find wiring diagrams for almost any make/model on this site: http://www.bbbind.com/tsb-wiring-diagrams/

Hope that helps!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…