Menu

Honda Accord Rocker Arm Assembly

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Honda Accord Rocker Arm Assembly

• Creator
    Topic
    TomTom
    Participant

Have 1996 Accord with oil in spark plugs. Watched video but missed 2 things.
      1) missed tall bolts and removed them last
      2) removed bolts from rocker arm

Have since researched it and seen error of my ways. El Stupido!

Now I’m having a tough time getting it to re-align.

Can anyone offer any ideas on getting it reinstalled?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man

see if this helps.

TomTom
        Participant

Thanks for reply. I did watch the vid before I started and several times after.
          The problem is I ended up with what he called a “catter-wonky” rocker arm assembly. Now I have found lots of info on avoiding it, but nothing on fixing it.
          Now it may take a wrecker to tow it to the shop.

college mancollege man
            IvanIvan
            Participant

Hello, wondering if this was ever solved. I am having the exact same issue. I did not realize the whole thing would start coming apart. I have the bolts back in and aligned but the two center rocker arms on the spark plug side do not move freely. How do I get them moving freely?

IvanIvan
              Participant

Just.finished getting it back together. I found an exploded view diagram of the whole assembly in a Hanes manual I forgot I had. I had one of the washers installed wrong in the left rocker arm for the #4 cylinder. I had it on the left side when it should have been on the right. Put it back together and the rocker arms moved freely.

college mancollege man

Glad to hear you have made progress.

H guys,

sorry for bumping this old post but I was wondering if anyone can help me on my nightmare. So basically I attempted to do it but I missed a few things, and sure that is what I get for not watching the entire video carefully (LOL). I have a 93′ Accord SE F22A6

1. Did not remove the bolts in sequence, thank God the assembly never came off I ended up bolting everything back…. OOPPSS
                  2.I mixed the bolts – I eventually found out LATER ON they can’t be mixed. So since the assembly literally dint come off, it should not affect the car UNLESS they’re completely different and is giving me a misfire OR it does not have the appropriate torque.

Anyone help me please?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Loading…