Menu

Lower control Arm replacement

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Lower control Arm replacement

• Creator
    Topic
    MichaelMichael
    Participant

Hello

well today I replaced my lower control arms and noticed that the ball joint boot doesn’t contact the lower control arm all the way. the other side was the same way before I removed it. The castle nut along with the cotter pin go’s on perfectly but its just there’s I want to say at least 3mm gap between the ball joint boot and lower control arm. I have the Factory service manual and it says nothing about if there supposed to be a gap there or not didn’t Test Drive my car because of doubts about how the Ball joint boot it is. Any help Appreciated Thanks

2003 Honda Accord EXV6 4DR Sedan

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man

As long as the ball joint is pressed fully in place and the snap
        ring is in place you should be good to go. The boot does not have
        to touch the lower control arm.

MichaelMichael
        Participant

ok thank you I just wasn’t sure if the boot is supposed to touch the lower control arm all the way. that’s what I was trying to do yesterday. seems like its supposed to though. I even put a jack under the lower control arm. Not on the ball joint part of course but on the actual arm. wasn’t going in any further. I tighten the hardware with the suspension loaded with the jack and checked again while it was on the ground. didn’t seem to change so I was concerned. with it

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…