Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 1998 Honda CRV Misfire Code Cylinder 4

1998 Honda CRV Misfire Code Cylinder 4

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 1998 Honda CRV Misfire Code Cylinder 4

• Creator
    Topic
    Eric AquinoEric Aquino
    Participant

My daughter 1998 CR-V has engine light misfire code P0304. I did a compression test and the result is all good, Cylinder test result (1) 185PSI
      (2) 175PSI,(3) 170PSI and (4) 180PSI. I was able to adjust all the valves except one exhaust valve cylinder #4. It looks like the valve receded because even the lower feeler gauge .003 wont go in the rocker arm and base circle of the cam.Car running fine except the check engine and is due for smog. Any suggestion? i don’t want to remove the cylinder head to do a valve job. Do I need to do leak down test on #4. I’m desperate because my daughter is graduating high school this summer and going to college.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      IanIan
      Participant

If you suspect the valve isn’t fully closing/seating, I would begin with a leak-down test. Based off your compression numbers, I would THINK that that’s a non-issue, but I’ve been wrong before. (We all have though.)

What about spark plugs? How did they look when you pulled them? Is it a coil-on-plug ignition system or something else? When trying to track down misfires, it can help to swap suspected faulty components (plugs, coils, fuel injectors, plug wires if possible, etc.) to different cylinders to see if the misfires “follow” the component.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…