Menu

ETCG Gets a 2001 Integra GSR

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge ETCG1 Video Discussions ETCG Gets a 2001 Integra GSR

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

They say good things come to those who wait. In this case I waited 15 years and I got something pretty good. As I said in the video, it’ll be a while before I start making videos with this car, but it’s not going anywhere. They’ll be plenty of videos when the time comes.

BTW I didn’t think twice about selling the Jeep. I know some of you may be sad it’s gone, but I’m not.

What are your thoughts on my new car.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      BubbaBubba
      Participant

Congrats! Nice and clean. Doesn’t much suit my tastes so I’ve never paid one much mind before, but that’s a pretty cool car.

Wow, $500 for that Jeep!? I don’t think I could even find a salvage for that price in my neck of the woods. I mean, not that I would want to…

Kazuo KuroiKazuo Kuroi
        Participant

Hey Eric!

Fantastic find. I’d say it’s in pretty damn good shape.

My Prelude was in a collision on that side too – luckily you can’t really tell except for a slight bend in the core support from them using the frame straightener on that side – but its well aligned.

That rust doesn’t look too bad. I’d get on it though soon. I’m sure you can fix that rust the proper way with your much better welding skills.

One recommendation that would be badass – get a JDM Hood, Fenders, lights and bumper and make it JDM, example here has some body kit on it but you get the idea: http://image.superstreetonline.com/f/59615307+w+h+q80+re0+cr1/1994-acura-integra-gsr-jdm-itr-hid-front-end-conversion-11.jpg

Overall I’m jealous of your collection. I almost would want to buy the purple Vigor off of you if I had the money and the time.

Keymaster

[quote=”Kazuo” post=168828]Hey Eric!

Fantastic find. I’d say it’s in pretty damn good shape.

My Prelude was in a collision on that side too – luckily you can’t really tell except for a slight bend in the core support from them using the frame straightener on that side – but its well aligned.

That rust doesn’t look too bad. I’d get on it though soon. I’m sure you can fix that rust the proper way with your much better welding skills.

One recommendation that would be badass – get a JDM Hood, Fenders, lights and bumper and make it JDM, example here has some body kit on it but you get the idea: http://image.superstreetonline.com/f/59615307+w+h+q80+re0+cr1/1994-acura-integra-gsr-jdm-itr-hid-front-end-conversion-11.jpg

Overall I’m jealous of your collection. I almost would want to buy the purple Vigor off of you if I had the money and the time.[/quote]

It’ll be a bit before I get to this car. Not worried about the rust, it’s garage kept and not winter driven anymore. When I do turn my attention to it, I plan to do a ‘tasteful’ build and not something obnoxious.

Thanks for your input

James AbramsJames Abrams
            Participant

I think they still look quite snazzy and don’t seem to have dated in appearance as much as the later ones.
              I’m still kicking myself when a DC2 Integra Type R came up for sale near me and I didn’t buy it. I talked myself out of it thinking that it might annoy me after awhile with no sound deadning and a short 5th gear ratio on the freeway.

In Australia we got the same front end as you did in the USA, but I can’t help liking the JDM front end better even though the JDM headlights weren’t terribly good and was one of the reasons they had to be changed to meet our ADRs (I think)

The B18A was a sweet little engine too, I miss driving our family’s old AusDM Civic Si with the D16A8 in it, was a lovely Twincam 16valve 1.6L 4 cylinder. Very peaky but just loved to rev, no v-tech though 🙁

You could probably just bring it up to a nice base level in terms of cleaning and servicing and have it to drive around in while you decide what to do with it.

Keymaster

[quote=”Cabcat” post=168864]I think they still look quite snazzy and don’t seem to have dated in appearance as much as the later ones.
                I’m still kicking myself when a DC2 Integra Type R came up for sale near me and I didn’t buy it. I talked myself out of it thinking that it might annoy me after awhile with no sound deadning and a short 5th gear ratio on the freeway.

In Australia we got the same front end as you did in the USA, but I can’t help liking the JDM front end better even though the JDM headlights weren’t terribly good and was one of the reasons they had to be changed to meet our ADRs (I think)

The B18A was a sweet little engine too, I miss driving our family’s old AusDM Civic Si with the D16A8 in it, was a lovely Twincam 16valve 1.6L 4 cylinder. Very peaky but just loved to rev, no v-tech though 🙁

You could probably just bring it up to a nice base level in terms of cleaning and servicing and have it to drive around in while you decide what to do with it.[/quote]

I am driving it now, and I’m happy for it. A couple of tweaks and it’s running like a champ. I also want to evaluate the oil burning. I’m beginning to suspect that it isn’t. I think someone didn’t fill it after an oil change.

I like the JDM front end better too….

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…