Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Drain Plug Pro, Gitta Grip, and Wiper Swyper

Drain Plug Pro, Gitta Grip, and Wiper Swyper

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge The EricTheCarGuy Video Forum Drain Plug Pro, Gitta Grip, and Wiper Swyper

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

These products didn’t stand on their own as a review so I grouped them together in this review. It’s an experiment that may work for future reviews. Besides the tools themselves, what’s your opinion on the format?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Steven CummingsSteven Cummings
      Participant

Not a fan of the drain plug or Gitta Grip, but the Wiper Swyper seems interesting. If you have several cars, or even a small shop it is one of those little touches to add to a car if you notice slight streaking. Especially true in mountains of southern CA where the sun drys the wipers out fast and the ice can do just as much damage, I often replace the wipers twice a year since I don’t have a garage to keep the cars in.

Keymaster

Yea, these are ‘optional’ products. As I said in the video I didn’t feel they were ‘must haves’, but they were interesting just the same. Still, when someone sends me something to review I like to give it a fair chance.

Thanks for your input.

Jim GlowkaJim Glowka
          Participant

Eric,
            As the developer of Gitta Grip I would like to address some of the concerns in the comments to your demo on my product. Gitta Grip was sent to Eric by a mechanic that actually used the product. Gitta Grip is not snake oil, it is simply a inexpensive solution to a common problem. It is based on valve lapping compound but has been modified for unlimited shelf life. There is no settling out and when screw driver is dipped in it, it only brings out the amount you need. The tub is cheaper and more convenient than a big can of lapping compound. And how many do-it-yourselfers and new technicians have even heard of a lapping compound. Anyone who has used lapping compound knows its benefits. Some benefits are that it prevents stripping out of screwdriver and keeps sockets from rolling off of nuts and bolts. It also increases grip on any tools and fastener, even oil filter wrenches.
            It won’t cure all your fastener woes, but it will give you a fighting chance. For the pro I am sure you have spent more money on other tools to do a similar job. For anyone who would like to give it an open minded try, I will send you a tub free of charge up to the first 100 people who respond. Just email me your shipping address to gripitorstripit@yahoo.com

Thanks to Eric for your review and I encourage you to keep using it. The more you use it the more uses you will find.

Keymaster

[quote=”Fixit60″ post=94434]Eric,
              As the developer of Gitta Grip I would like to address some of the concerns in the comments to your demo on my product. Gitta Grip was sent to Eric by a mechanic that actually used the product. Gitta Grip is not snake oil, it is simply a inexpensive solution to a common problem. It is based on valve lapping compound but has been modified for unlimited shelf life. There is no settling out and when screw driver is dipped in it, it only brings out the amount you need. The tub is cheaper and more convenient than a big can of lapping compound. And how many do-it-yourselfers and new technicians have even heard of a lapping compound. Anyone who has used lapping compound knows its benefits. Some benefits are that it prevents stripping out of screwdriver and keeps sockets from rolling off of nuts and bolts. It also increases grip on any tools and fastener, even oil filter wrenches.
              It won’t cure all your fastener woes, but it will give you a fighting chance. For the pro I am sure you have spent more money on other tools to do a similar job. For anyone who would like to give it an open minded try, I will send you a tub free of charge up to the first 100 people who respond. Just email me your shipping address to gripitorstripit@yahoo.com

Thanks to Eric for your review and I encourage you to keep using it. The more you use it the more uses you will find.[/quote]

Thank you very much for your post and your offer! It’s nice to know that you stand behind your product. I’ll pass this along as opportunities present themselves.

Thanks again.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…