Menu

Grey Pneumatic 8163MRD Tool Review

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge The EricTheCarGuy Video Forum Grey Pneumatic 8163MRD Tool Review

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

I really like this socket set if you couldn’t tell. I’ve used just about every major professional tool brand there is and I think these sockets are as good if not better than all of them. What are your thoughts?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Mike MillerMike Miller
      Participant

Your review sold me on trying a set I had to order them in so I will post what I think about them in a couple days .
        Thanks for the review I’ve heard of G/P but haven’t given much thought about putting them in my box until now.

Keymaster

[quote=”mrre78″ post=93158]Your review sold me on trying a set I had to order them in so I will post what I think about them in a couple days .
          Thanks for the review I’ve heard of G/P but haven’t given much thought about putting them in my box until now.[/quote]

They really are nice tools. You won’t be disappointed.

VinceVince
          Participant

Nice review.Thanks for the info and the insight :cheer:

vgs8606vgs8606
            Participant

Can you compare it with any low profile 3/8 ratchet? I would like to know if this ratchet is thinner than competing ratchet.

Lee AnnLee Ann

I needed a 1/4″ set today but ended up with a cheap set to get me by for today’s project. Oh well.

Lorrin BarthLorrin Barth
                Participant

Just curious, do you know of someone who got hurt using a chrome socket on an air wrench. I mean, if I am under a car and what I can reach is a chrome socket, at least up till now, I’d be disinclined to crawl out for a black one.

Keymaster

[quote=”vgs8606″ post=93409]Can you compare it with any low profile 3/8 ratchet? I would like to know if this ratchet is thinner than competing ratchet.[/quote]

Perhaps on the next one. Since this one is already done and edited it would be difficult to go back and do the review again. But from what I remember it wasn’t any thicker than the other ratchets I have.

Thanks for your input.

Keymaster

[quote=”barneyb” post=93436]Just curious, do you know of someone who got hurt using a chrome socket on an air wrench. I mean, if I am under a car and what I can reach is a chrome socket, at least up till now, I’d be disinclined to crawl out for a black one.[/quote]

I don’t know anyone personally, but there have been several comments on my videos in the past on this topic. So to avoid those comments, I thought I would address the issue in the video.

David BuehnDavid Buehn
                      Participant

Base on Eric recommendations I just order the 81635MRD tool set.
                        Has anyone else purchase this set?

Eric I support your efforts.
                        Your tips and videos have help me tremendously.
                        Far as I am concern best ten bucks I spent.

Hope to one day make your open house.

Dave

VinceVince
                        Participant

Ditto that man!

daviddavid
                          Participant

Woohoo! Made in TAIWAN! (non-communist China)

John WilkinsJohn Wilkins
                            Participant
                              Keymaster

[quote=”byrysh” post=98424]I bought the 1/4 inch set to see for myself. My video review of 1/4 set is here,

http://www.jbtoolsales.com/grey-pneumatic-89653crd-1-4-dr-53pc-fract-metric-duo-socket-set-6-point/

So happy I bought the full set of 3/8.

http://www.tooltopia.com/grey-pneumatic-81659crd.aspx?utm_source=google&utm_medium=paid_search&utm_campaign=paid_search_google_pla&scid=scplp6813128&gclid=CJPluru_ur4CFQGTfgodJEgAZA
                                Ill do a review on it too, Thx again Eric ;)[/quote]

NIce! I hope to get a 1/4 set for myself in the not too distant future. I really love my 3/8. Thanks for posting the review.

John WilkinsJohn Wilkins
                                Participant

Hope you get a kick back for all the sales youre gettin from your review.. :woohoo:

GordGord
                                  Participant

So, what’s the overall recommendation? Is this set worth getting or not?
                                    I’m looking for a decent 3/8 drive set, I have some 3/8 drive stuff now but would really like a good set… should I get this set or is there something else I should look at.

I really don’t want to spend a fortune for a set, I know Snap-on and maybe some others are better?? But I’m not a professional so I wouldn’t be using it every day or making a living using it.

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  Loading…