Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • BendPak XPR-10A-LP 2 Post Lift Review

BendPak XPR-10A-LP 2 Post Lift Review

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge The EricTheCarGuy Video Forum BendPak XPR-10A-LP 2 Post Lift Review

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

To say I love my new lift would be a gross understatement. What are your thoughts?

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      derg20derg20
      Participant

Don’t sprain your thumb. lol. Your electrician did a really good job, using MC and making everything look neat. Congratulations on your new lift, I’m happy for you.

AnthonyAnthony
        Participant

Awesome looking lift. Now you got a excuse to buy more tools like the trans jack etc. I was spoiled by a lift went I worked on my car at the autoports on base in San Diego. Those things made stuff so easy to work on things

RereonehundredRereonehundred
          Participant

Help me with my balance of forces, please.

If the center of mass of the car is exactly between the vertical posts, then the total load is straight down through the posts. Good, no problem and buckling loads are pretty reliably calculated.

If the center of mass is aft of the vertical posts, the then posts will experience a torque that want to rotate the posts about their attachment points at the floor. Same deal if the center of mass is afore the posts, just torques opposite direction..

At what mass value, and at what distance from the vertical posts, does the whole shebang torque the posts out of the concrete floor and every thing falls down?

I don’t think I’d get under the raised car on a two poster unless I absolutely knew the answer to that important question.

MattMatt
            Participant

Great vid Eric! Was there any particular reason you went with Bendpak? I’ve been looking at Atlas vs Bendpak, and there is quite a bit of difference in price, but most seem happy with the Atlas. I have noticed Atlas doesn’t certify their lifts, like Bendpak does, which may not be as important for a home DIYer?

Andrew ButtonAndrew Button
              Participant

The wedge anchors are rated at around 30,000 psi before they pull on on a 4 or more inch slab with a 3000 or more slump, and there are 6 or more on each post. These things are over engineered to the point where the lift posts would buckle before the anchors would pull out. Many more people get killed with jacks than these things, when installed correctly. The only reason the anchors would pull out would be due to reverse spalling which professionals don’t do or poorly mixed concrete on the floor, and figure this floor in the video is rated to hold Semi trucks. Its not going anywhere. Congrats to Eric on this, I went with a BendPak myself after looking all the different brands.

Petr MiskerikPetr Miskerik
                Participant

I am happy for you 🙂 !
                  Congrat !

college mancollege man

Sweet lift. Next time I’m jacking the car up and laying on the ground like someone used to
                    I’ll be thinking of you. B)

Rickey GreshamRickey Gresham
                    Participant

i to am tried of laying on my back to work on vehicles and will be 57 this year, i hope to get me one before i retire.

Participant

I did time on my back for 30 years. Then I changed over. Was almost killed with jackstands, yes, several times. One the scariest times I ever had on my back was having a 727 tranny in a my 440 duster basically pin me between the car and the ground. (there was no room in a small car and a big wedge motor) Luckily it wasn’t any bigger or I any smaller, or I would have been waiting for a passerby for a rescue. 265 lbs is NOTHING, when feeling trapped like that however. I still remember washing transmission out of my hair at a different time and place because of the flat back routine.

AnthonyAnthony
                        Participant

Eric, since you’ve got the lift.. How many times have you lifted your vehicles up in the air just for the hell of it and get a warm feeling inside of joy? lol

Michael WellsMichael Wells
                          Participant

My dream one day is to be able to build me a shop at home big enough to fit me a lift in. Would make life so much better! Congrats Eric!

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
                            Keymaster

[quote=”SavageWS6″ post=130998]Eric, since you’ve got the lift.. How many times have you lifted your vehicles up in the air just for the hell of it and get a warm feeling inside of joy? lol[/quote]

A lot. I find myself starring at it wondering if it’s real.

Participant

0nce gone down the road of lifts, one wants never to go back, to being on their back. Been in both situations. Back to sore now to do what I did, for decades.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              Loading…