Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Ranger QuickJack BL 5000 Assembly and Review

Ranger QuickJack BL 5000 Assembly and Review

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge The EricTheCarGuy Video Forum Ranger QuickJack BL 5000 Assembly and Review

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

Where has this thing been for the past 6 years?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Dave TidmanDave Tidman
      Participant

Thanks for doing this review, I’ve been eying this for a couple of months. I do routine maintenance and things like brakes on about 6 different cars (mine and family) so this seems better than jackstands.

One question I have is about using it on full frame vehicles like pickups. Do you think there would still be enough room to work under a truck?

Now totally bummed that I can’t make the meet up….

Nicholas ClarkNicholas Clark
        Participant

Eric,

You may want to mention for people who have Pontiac Fiero’s that lifts (both 2 post and this one) can sometimes crush/bend coolant pipes. Not a widely applicable warning but it’s an issue nonetheless.

Great video.

Nick from Uniontown (formerly Pittsburgh)

Andrew ButtonAndrew Button
          Participant

I wonder if VW Vanagons have the same issue as Fieros with water lines.

Keymaster

[quote=”dtidman” post=133425]Thanks for doing this review, I’ve been eying this for a couple of months. I do routine maintenance and things like brakes on about 6 different cars (mine and family) so this seems better than jackstands.

One question I have is about using it on full frame vehicles like pickups. Do you think there would still be enough room to work under a truck?

Now totally bummed that I can’t make the meet up….[/quote]

It depends on the truck but I don’t think it would be a problem. In fact it would likely be easier to lift a full frame vehicle.

Keymaster

[quote=”Hockeyclark” post=133485]Eric,

You may want to mention for people who have Pontiac Fiero’s that lifts (both 2 post and this one) can sometimes crush/bend coolant pipes. Not a widely applicable warning but it’s an issue nonetheless.

Great video.

Nick from Uniontown (formerly Pittsburgh)[/quote]

No matter what you’re lifting you need to be careful of stuff on the undercarriage. That’s why I showed checking everything before I actually started lifting.

Besides, once a video is posted I can’t go back and add additional material to it.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…