Menu

Ford 302 Complete Engine Tear Down

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge The EricTheCarGuy Video Forum Ford 302 Complete Engine Tear Down

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

Well, you win some, you loose some. The point is to keep moving forward. This video has the ‘big reveal’ at the end that changes everything about the build. I’ve been keeping that secret for some time. Sometimes biting my tongue. Now that the cat is out of the bag, I can breathe a little easier.

Thoughts?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Thomas FerryThomas Ferry
      Participant

I knew when you was talking to your dad in that ECTG1 video you had something you told him but was vague about it. I figured it was gonna be a Turbo or a supercharger. Kinda makes me sad that you are gonna go with Carb instead of EFI for it but hell either way its gonna rock! Also btw Youtube is being asshole again with not showing videos in sub boxes again.

Keymaster

[quote=”Jinzo” post=166677]I knew when you was talking to your dad in that ECTG1 video you had something you told him but was vague about it. I figured it was gonna be a Turbo or a supercharger. Kinda makes me sad that you are gonna go with Carb instead of EFI for it but hell either way its gonna rock! Also btw Youtube is being asshole again with not showing videos in sub boxes again.[/quote]

I’m not sure why there seems to be this aversion to carburetors. In fact, I made an ETCG1 video about it answering to those concerns. Thanks for your input.

MikeMike
          Participant

I’m don’t know what your criteria were for deciding to go with a carburetted fuel system, but I’m glad you did.

Personally, I believe the technology that goes into a custom vehicle should be appropriate to the age of the vehicle. Dropping a computer-controlled EFI engine into, say, a 50’s era pickup truck or 60’s pony/muscle car (as so often happens on those custom car TV shows) makes the vehicle nothing more than a rolling curiosity. The soul and charm of the original has been lost. At that point, it no longer matters that an interesting vintage vehicle is being rebuilt.

If your 302 block turns out to be a dented lunch bucket without handles, perhaps you could consider moving up to a small block 351, or even a big block 429 or 460. Respectable mills, all. Your street competitors would probably name your car the UnFairmont.

WesWes
            Participant

I love carburetors. I don’t understand why people don’t like them either. Though I must say I have never seen a turbo on a carbureted engine. They definitely belong on a supercharged engine, unless you’re trying to keep a low profile under the hood, but in that case why even supercharge it?

Keymaster

I’ve already moved up. Check out June’s newsletter.

http://www.ericthecarguy.com/blog/1608-june-2016-newsletter

James P GrossoJames P Grosso
                Participant

Were the pistons put in backwards? I thought the circle mark goes to the front of the engine?

Keymaster

[quote=”451Mopar” post=167118]Were the pistons put in backwards? I thought the circle mark goes to the front of the engine?[/quote]

No. They were in there correctly.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Loading…