Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • How To Pull a Steering Column #SalvageYardHacks

How To Pull a Steering Column #SalvageYardHacks

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge The EricTheCarGuy Video Forum How To Pull a Steering Column #SalvageYardHacks

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

Fun Fact: this column dropped on my head while filming. It was gross.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      A toyotakarlIts me

How ironic. Just a few weeks ago I pulled a corolla steering column for my most recent corolla (did not have tilt steering, new one does)…

I did have to remove the airbag… because of the Takata airbag issues, my salvage yard will not sell ANY airbags anymore… 🙁

Karl

MattMatt
        Participant

First half of that video was reminiscent of what I had to do to pull the instrument cluster on my Ranger. Even after I figured out all I had to do, it was an hour of taking parts off just to pull the cluster. All that to replace the little bulbs. I bought more pricey bulbs to avoid doing that again.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
          Keymaster

[quote=”Flintiron” post=168028]First half of that video was reminiscent of what I had to do to pull the instrument cluster on my Ranger. Even after I figured out all I had to do, it was an hour of taking parts off just to pull the cluster. All that to replace the little bulbs. I bought more pricey bulbs to avoid doing that again.[/quote]

Yea, it can be a real pain to replace those bulbs.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…