Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • How To Install a Trunk Mounted Battery

How To Install a Trunk Mounted Battery

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge The EricTheCarGuy Video Forum How To Install a Trunk Mounted Battery

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

I was planning on moving the battery in the trunk anyway, but it’s former home was also taken up by my turbo. I haven’t had a chance to finish the installation yet, but I’ll be covering that when I do the rest of the electrical work on the car. Don’t worry, as you see in the video, I’m not using that battery terminal end. I also think I’m going to be adding a fuel cell which means I’ll probably take all the carpet out of the trunk.

Thanks for watching!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Jason Alexmckrishes
      Participant

Good video. I think that the ground cable on the underside of the vehicle will need a protective covering with some di-electric grease to prevent corrosion.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
        Keymaster

It’s not mounted there anymore. I’ve moved it inside the vehicle and welded the stud to the body.

Jason AdamsJason Adams
          Participant

If I’m doing this and shopping for supplies, should I put an Anl or mega fuse fuse by the battery for the positive lead?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by Jason AdamsJason Adams.
          Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…