Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2007-2013 Mini Cooper S (R56) Battery Replacement

2007-2013 Mini Cooper S (R56) Battery Replacement

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge The EricTheCarGuy Video Forum 2007-2013 Mini Cooper S (R56) Battery Replacement

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

I know it’s a ‘soft’ start, but this is the beginning of The Mini Series. I hope you enjoy it.

Fun fact, this is only the second time I started the car after I got it. The first time was in the Premium Member video where I introduced the car.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      MikeMike
      Participant

Really surprised to see that there’s no plastic tray under the battery. That metal-to-plastic contact at the battery base isn’t a real good idea.

Keymaster

They cut corners every place they could on this vehicle from what I could see. Also, the type of battery they’re using with the attached vent goes a long way to prevent corrosion in my experience. I think it’ll be fine.

JerryJerry
          Participant

My MINI Clubman R55 fried a body control module when I replaced the battery. MINI explained that this car basically adjusted functions around system voltage and replacing my basically dead battery with a new one overloaded the BCM.
            I had so many problems with the car that didn’t bother looking into that one.

Keymaster

I suppose it’s possible that it needed to be registered when you installed the new battery. I know you need to do it on some models, but I don’t know what effects it can have if you don’t register it. I’ve heard it can cause alternator damage. I haven’t heard anything about the BCM.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…