Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Turbo on a 2001 acura TL automatic???

Turbo on a 2001 acura TL automatic???

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Engine Modifications Turbo on a 2001 acura TL automatic???

• Creator
    Topic
    zechariah colvinzechariah colvin
    Participant

I was trying to see if i can put a Turbo on my 01 acuraTL and Keep the Cold air, power streering, and without triggering a check engine light BC it will also be my everyday driver to work……..tell i find something new I really can car less about getting more power BC i wanna run the stoke stuff i just want a lil bit of boost……But i dont want the boost to set off the check engine light any ideas of what turbo to get and have to avoid the E light 😳 😳 😳 😳

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      dandan

put simply, turbochargers quite commonly require a PCM that understands boost, a fuel system that can keep up with the demands of the increased air flow and volume, and a engine and transmission and cooling system that can put up with the increased demands in power and heat.

Your transmission very well may not be able to handle the abuse.

Your cooling system very well may not be able to cool the engine under boost

Your fuel system very well may run lean and make your engine go bang.

Your head gasket very well may start exchanging coolant with other fluids in your engine

Your bearings and connecting rods may very well decide they want to be on the outside of your engine rather than the inside.

Your PCM very well may not only throw a engine light, but also may very well not understand boost, resulting in engine annihilation.

There are lots of factors involved with forced induction, you also have to consider positive crankcase ventilation and your break booster which will very well require your hoses being re routed after the turbo rather than before, and also insuring the turbo under boost doesn’t suck oil into the intake turning your car into a smoking locomotive that puts pressure on your break booster.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…