Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • List of + questions about planned mods on 1996 Buick Regal Custom 3800 Series II

List of + questions about planned mods on 1996 Buick Regal Custom 3800 Series II

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Engine Modifications List of + questions about planned mods on 1996 Buick Regal Custom 3800 Series II

• Creator
    Topic
    AlexAlex
    Participant

Hi everyone. I’ve got a very clean 1996 Buick Regal Custom with the 3800 Series II engine that I’ve got several plans for, ranging from “definitely doable” to “if I win the lottery…twice.” First, a full list:

Definitely doable:
      Supercharger
      Better brakes (Prefer top-of-the-line, if I’m making this heavy car go faster I want it to stop faster too)
      Better suspension (Plus a suspension repair, as right now the dampers have died)
      Full exhaust upgrade (Magnaflow, Flowmaster, whatever applies)

When I get a proper job:
      Full repaint into a pearlescent paint, red base with black on top so it blazes red as it goes past but otherwise looks black
      Other tuning and parts to increase power (would say “and reliability” but it’s a 3800 Series II)

If I win the lottery once:
      Full AWD conversion

Twice:
      Ability to swap between FWD and AWD
      Toggleable exhaust reroute through straight pipes up through the hood (hidden under matching-paint caps that would be held down by electromagnets when the straight pipes aren’t in use)
      “Release restrictions” button to toggle these things, preferably a big red button on the dashboard that says “Do Not Press”

So…sticking to the realistic stuff. The first thing I want to work on is adding a supercharger. The ’97 Regal Grand Sport had a supercharger; I was thinking about trying to retrofit one of those onto my ’96, including perhaps swapping the pistons, crankshaft, cams, etc. if needed. Does anyone have any experience or advice on such a conversion? Would I need to (or perhaps just want to) convert the engine from fuel injection to a carburetor? Am I completely out of my mind (yes)?

Also, of course, any other advice about any of the other things on that part of the list would be awesome.

Thanks in advance 🙂

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…