Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2012 Nissan rogue wheel bearing issues

2012 Nissan rogue wheel bearing issues

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2012 Nissan rogue wheel bearing issues

• Creator
    Topic
    ShawnShawn
    Participant

Hey all. I recently changed both front wheel bearings on my 2012 Nissan rogue with 140k miles. Now I am noticing a deep growling noise when driving that starts around 30mph. I rechecked both wheels and there is no lateral play. I rechecked the torque on the axle nut and it is set perfectly. To remove the wheel bearing, I had to remove the knuckle from the strut. Could I have some how ruined the cars alignment and inadvertently caused this noise? Is there anything else I .at be missing? Thanks in advance

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Todd SmithTodd Smith
      Participant

Does the noise increase/decrease during a left or right turn?

Tyler RauTyler Rau
        Participant

Not sure why you removed the knuckle to removed the wheel bearing. It’s remove tire, brakes, axle nut, and then the 4 bolts off the back and hit the wheel bearing with hammer and replace, finish with reinstall of removed parts.

yes if you move the knuckle off the shock you could have changed the alignment, on a factory car alignment will not cause wheel bearings to wear/growl.

Are the tires cupped in any way?

Are you sure the noise is from the front, the rear wheel bearings are just as…cheap as the front and growl just the same. I’ve replaced rear wheel bearings on Rogues before.

If you can, get all the tires off the ground, turn the car on, turn Traction control off…Slip or VDC off. and spin that Rogue to find and pin point the noise. Not saying it’s even a wheel bearing. If AWD you could have a bearing in the t-case going out, or even if front wheel drive you could have a final drive or reduction bearing making nose in the CVT

ShawnShawn
          Participant

No the noise remains the same during turning

ShawnShawn
            Participant

The rear wheel bearing feel soild with no play. All 4 tires look good with no signs of cupping. If the noise is coming from the cvt would replacing the fluid correct the issue, or would this require a new transmission? The car is awd also btw

AlvinAlvin
              Participant

wheel balancing will cause road noise at highway speeds. also check your bushings for your strut and sway bars too.

Tyler RauTyler Rau
                Participant

rear wheel bearings don’t need to have play to make a howl/growl noise when loaded on the road at a certain speed.

if a bearing in the trans has gone bad, a fluid change will do nothing. it’s rebuild/replace the cvt

Since you said it’s AWD, locate the noise and only fix what you need. I forgot to say before that even the center drive shaft for the AWD has a carrier bearing and even that can make noise all the time at a certain speed.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Loading…