Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2007 ford taurus intermittent stalling and intermittent rough idle.

2007 ford taurus intermittent stalling and intermittent rough idle.

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2007 ford taurus intermittent stalling and intermittent rough idle.

• Creator
    Topic
    stephen blazestephen pump
    Participant

So i bought a Ford Taurus 2007, 168,000 miles. Replaced MAF. Smelled of gas at first, ran crc treatment to the intake, then followed it up with seafoam intake cleaner next day. This did not resolve but made the car run a bit smoother. Went through the coil pack unplugging one by one, discovered a coil not firing. replaced the coil pack and spark plugs (they were pretty fouled), this made it run smoother. Then because of the o2 sensor code, i replaced bank 2 sensor 1, and same code persisted. I bought a live data code scanner, apparently the volt is stuck at 0.01. So tomorrow I will probe it and send some power to it and see if it shows volt to the live data, if not then its a bad harness. I also replaced the fuel filter. I also get intermittent check charging system, then i notice the erratic idle happens a lot of times right at that point and usually stalls. Checked charging from alternator and drop test, all within spec. I have also smoke tested it and the only viable smoke was from the EGR. I also sucked on the tube that connects to the EGR nipple and verified it was working as it stalled the car. I do have a pending cam sensor code, I do not have any chirping the cam synchronizer. I also took out the IAC and cleaned it, and replaced it with a new gasket. I am attaching a video from the live data, maybe someone will find it useful to help me figure this problem out. So any input would be nice. Thanks in advance.
      [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-snpXBHx7BU&t=9s[/video]

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…