My first car

• Rob913meg
  • Topic Author
  • 2nd Gear
  • 2nd Gear
More
5 years 5 months ago #98391 by Rob913meg
My first car was created by Rob913meg
My first car was a Sunbeam Alpine. It had no: paint, exhaust, brakes, clutch cylinder or rag top. i am still looking for one to restore. It was a lot of fun.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Advertisement
More
5 years 5 months ago #99156 by Davison
Replied by Davison on topic My first car
Hi my first car was a Peugeot 308 1994, heater didn't work and acceleration was terrible, I'm from uk so I've only ever seen pics of your car.

More
5 years 3 months ago #105906 by coffee412
Replied by coffee412 on topic My first car
My first car was a 1970 Ford Fairlane 500. This came with a 351C (Cleveland) engine and I really worked hard on that car to keep it going. Unfortunately, My FF had a serious rust problem and the back leaf springs where broke all the way thru and just the U bolts holding them in place. When I accelerated I had to hold on to the steering wheel because the two front bolts that held the seat down where rusted thru (lol). I bought the car for 425.00 bucks from a farmer in my home town. I see old tv shows now and again that show one running down the road and it brings back fond memories of my old highschool days :)

Wish I still had that engine!

coffee
2008 Buick Lucerne 3.8L cxl

More
5 years 2 months ago #110322 by Davison
For some reason when I was at a legal age to drive I didn't bother to learn , I waited 10 years before I showed an interest in cars or driving , that means I missed out on the good old classics like you describe , shame on me .

More
5 years 1 month ago #113042 by bigbird1971
Replied by bigbird1971 on topic My first car
1974 Plymouth Duster. It was a hand me down from my mother. My dad and I replaced the 318cid with a 360cid small block and fitted it with an aftermarket cam, headers, aluminum intake, & Holley carb. I also rebuilt the front suspension with polygraphite bushings and added a front sway bar. I sold it for a 1972 Dodge Challenger, but now 25 years later, I would love to own a Duster again.

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession, but I have come to believe that it highly resembles the first.

Advertisement
More
5 years 1 month ago #113090 by Davison
Do you still own the American Idol that is the Dodge charger. What are they actually like to drive.

More
5 years 1 month ago #113104 by bigbird1971
Replied by bigbird1971 on topic My first car

Davison wrote: Do you still own the American Idol that is the Dodge charger. What are they actually like to drive.

If you are referring to me, I did not own a Charger. I owned a Challenger, but I sold it back in 1994 or 1995.

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession, but I have come to believe that it highly resembles the first.

More
5 years 1 month ago #113180 by Davison
Hi,

Sorry I read it wrong, my eyes got to the word dodge and my brain took over with images of the charger, d'oh. I do apologise.

More
5 years 1 month ago #115704 by bryan20
Replied by bryan20 on topic My first car
My first car is the 8th gen Honda Civic. Might've tinkered with it a bit or you can say 'modified' it to my preference. Hey, it's my own car. Haha! :evil:

Thanks,
Steel Tube Philippines

More
5 years 2 days ago #118654 by trussman2014
Replied by trussman2014 on topic My first car
1995 honda accord ex, its actually the car im leaning up on in my pic. it ran like a dream and it being my first love, i did what everyone would do. i dogged the hell out of her... fun times :woohoo:

Advertisement
Time to create page: 0.275 seconds