Menu

F-Body

• Creator
    Topic
    Philip lanehartPhilip lanehart
    Participant

Fox stangs’ are nice an all but f-bodys are where it’s at. I love Chevy but I loved the firebird/trans am more… 1st gen it’s a tie… 2nd gen gef. Pontiac that bandit trans am! Mmm… 3rd gen I’m biased because first car I had was a ’91 firebird and I loved knight rider. 4th gens took that teen love of cars with the s.o.m. Trans am…. … …. … Sadden with the loss I renewed my love with the camaro except the heavy ass-ness of them. Irregardless… The ’77-’79 trans am with t-tops is my favorite car. I even considered trading in my truck and getting a loan to get one… My weakness….

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Andrew ButtonAndrew Button
      Participant

F Body guy here as well. Done big blocks, small blocks, early Z 28s, the whole range. Heck, when I was back in school any kid could buy a Trans Am or Z28 from the 70s without any trouble, and they did. One of the most hair raising I ever had in a car was in a later 70s Trans Am with a 400 and it had more power than brakes…those were the days. I am currently running a 2000 z with a 6 speed. Far and away, after having intimacy with all the variations, I can say without prejudice that the first 3 years of the Camaro are simply one of the most satisfying vehicles ever put into a production. A 302 with a 30-30 cam in that early body makes for a knarly ornery little bugger and even though it wasn’t the fastest thing ever to come out of GM, it may have been the most crude and unrefined thing they made in the last 50 years, and that is what made it so satisfying. I love 69 Camaros, but one thing that always made me laugh about those cars was most prominent thing on the dash when going down the road was a thing that said CAMARO, or in some models a clock. Yea, got a 7000 RPM solid little bomb but when I look down I see the time. Those were the days.

dandan

what is most interesting about GM Vehicles is how parts are often interchangable, a lot of the stuff from a F Body will bolt onto a W body. breaks for example.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…