Menu

Those cars you hate to love

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Favorite Cars Those cars you hate to love

• Creator
    Topic
    BubbaBubba
    Participant

Some guilty pleasures I gotta get off my chest…

Olds Delta 88:

ugLAY! – but it’s the Evil Dead car, and I want one.

3rd Gen Econolines:

Looks like a pissed off, wide eyed street bum. I’ve had two, hope to get another. Paint some sienna stripes on it and deck it wall to wall with shag and paneling. Maybe get a wolf howling at the moon airbrushed onto the rear doors.

Plymouth Gran Fury:

I love these things – soupe, sedan, station wagon, all generations. No idea what about them I find so appealing.

Was never actually a car, but I must include
      Motorcar Number 9:

Art deco nightmare.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      MikeMike
      Participant

The original Dodge Magnum from the late 70’s.

I’ve got this irrational thing for the old “personal luxury” cars, like the Cordoba and Monte Carlo.

BubbaBubba
        Participant

[quote=”Evil-i” post=169033]I’ve got this irrational thing for the old “personal luxury” cars, like the Cordoba and Monte Carlo.[/quote]

Ah, the era of weird front fascias. I can definitely empathize, I love me a land yacht. I think the Cordoba might have had something to do with my Gran Fury fetish. Had an ’83 Cordoba when I was 18 (no, unfortunately it didn’t have Corinthian leather). Can’t beat that leg room. Wish I knew anything about cars at the time, the thing was pristine. I pretty much wrecked it, stored it irresponsibly, and let it get stolen.

MikeMike
          Participant

I had a few Gran Furies and Dodge Monacos of that era. Ex-police cruisers. There was a special something that was just so “right” about them. A bit like an old trusted friend who is always willing to help, and asks for nothing in return. I miss cars like that.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…