Creaking sound during light braking

• Andre0415
  • Topic Author
  • 1st Gear
  • 1st Gear
More
3 years 3 months ago #174687 by Andre0415
Creaking sound during light braking was created by Andre0415
A few months ago I went to a local auto shop to have my right axle replaced. While I was watching the technician replace it, I noticed that he had the brake caliper dangling in the air. I wonder if that contributed to the creaking sound on the right. The problem started once I drove out of the parking lot from the shop but now the sound is even more noticeable. Can it be sway bar end links? rotors? inner tie rod end? Btw this link shows exactly what I'm hearing when press on the brakes at a light pressure. At full pressure, there is no sound

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Advertisement
  • nightflyr
  • Away
  • 6th Gear
  • 6th Gear
  • 2002 Nissan Xterra 3.3L 4X4
More
3 years 3 months ago #174701 by nightflyr
Replied by nightflyr on topic Creaking sound during light braking
Rotational ....
Considering it only seems to happen when lightly applying the brakes.
Might first try inspecting the right front brake assembly.
Might be:
The slide pins hanging up.
Brake pads not moving freely.
Having the caliper hang by the brake hose is never a good thing, should inspect that also along with the caliper mounting bolts.

More
1 week 23 hours ago #203868 by BuffaloBills82
Replied by BuffaloBills82 on topic Creaking sound during light braking
Hey Eric the car guy, I have the exact same issue with my 2011 Hyundai Sonata. Everything related to the braking system is new, minus the caliper. The noise is only coming from the front driver side. Also, it doesn't happen in reverse. It's driving me insane! Please help! Can directly email me at bw_bivins@hotmail.com. I would appreciate it!

Brian

Time to create page: 0.265 seconds