Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • I have a 2007 sentra 2.0l can i run thicker oil in it.

I have a 2007 sentra 2.0l can i run thicker oil in it.

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here I have a 2007 sentra 2.0l can i run thicker oil in it.

• Creator
    Topic
    fredfred
    Participant

The car has 215k on it. Always changed oil every 5k. However i have blowby. Car runs good in every way. Just wondering if i could put a heavier oil in it- I always did that for older cars. however autozone says you have to be careful because it can mess up the timing in newer cars. Not sure a 2007 is considered a newer car. The car uses 5w30 oil. I want to put in 10w30 oil. Also I dd something stupid I put in 8 ounces of Marvel mystery oil in thinking maybe i had some gummed up valves or rings. It is now spitting oil out the oil cap. OOPS before it wasnt. Another reason for using heavier oil. I think the heavier oil affects cars with variable valve timing. Not sure if this car has that.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man

Check that the pcv is not clogged. My daughters 2010 sentra has blow by. What I did was installed a oil catch can.
        She has almost 125k on it. You can’t stop the blow by but you can catch it. Using the thicker oil will not solve the problem.

fredfred
        Participant

I found out that with these newer cars you cant put in a heavier oil. However I have ordered a catch can. Thanks for the input.

college mancollege man

keep us posted on the catch can install.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…