Menu

1992 Accord DX Cold Start Issues

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 1992 Accord DX Cold Start Issues

• Creator
    Topic
    Reid NelsonReid Nelson
    Participant

1992 Honda Accord DX
      2.2L I4 (F22A1)
      4 Speed Automatic
      121,000 Miles

Hey everyone,

I seem to be having a recurring issue with my car not starting up right away when cold, and when it does sometimes it will idle down and stall although it always starts right back up again. If it does stall it only does it once and then goes up to its cold high idle and runs normal.

I’m not sure what might be causing this… any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

Might check that your throttle body is clean also check your fuel pressure.

Reid NelsonReid Nelson
        Participant

I let the fuel pump prime a couple times and that doesn’t have an effect. The throttle body was also just cleaned

college mancollege man

it sounds like its in the IAC (Idle air control valve) or you may have the FITV ( fast idle thermo valve) Take a look at the links
            I provided.

https://www.ericthecarguy.com/faq/solving-automotive-idle-problems

https://www.ericthecarguy.com/faq/solving-automotive-no-start-problems

Reid NelsonReid Nelson
            Participant

I have cleaned the throttle body recently but I may have missed the IAC.

Is it possible that just taking it out and giving it a good cleaning would do the trick?

Reid NelsonReid Nelson
              Participant

I inspected and tested the idle air control valve and found that not to be the issue.

Is there any other suggestions I would really appreciate any additional input? I am wondering if it could be anything regarding the fuel delivery system I am really not sure.

college mancollege man

I would think if it was fuel, You would have more performance issues. For now put fuel on the back burner.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Loading…