Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • 2006 Jeep Commander Heater Core suspected clogg

2006 Jeep Commander Heater Core suspected clogg

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 2006 Jeep Commander Heater Core suspected clogg

• Creator
    Topic
    Chase MillerChase Miller
    Participant

Im working on getting the heater core flushed, not the most mechanically inclined individual.
      Ive got no heat in the cab. If i keep the air off for a while and turn it on i get some warmth for a second and it disappears.

Ive watched a lot of videos on how its done and its pretty strait forward in them however i can’t tell which is inlet and which is outlet.
      The coolant tubes that run to them are T In both spots. Pretty sure i cant figure out which one is inlet and which is outlet just by letting it heat up because its always running past the core (doesnt have a vaccum ran valve to control when it goes in , at least as far as i can tell).

If i remove them im going to guess im gonna have a mess of coolant coming out.

Any guidance here?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

Core flow direction isn’t really important considering you should flush the core both directions.
        If there is a concern about which hose goes where just mark one hose and the port it attaches to.

Chase MillerChase Miller
        Participant

Thank you, I will do that!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…