Menu

ETCG FaceBook Group Page

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge ETCG Suggestion Box ETCG FaceBook Group Page

• Creator
    Topic
    KZ 259KZ 259
    Participant

hey guys, i was thinking about the idea of adding or rather expanding ETCG’s website and that would be by making a group page on facebook. i don’t know if any of you are familiar with this or aware of it, but people can set up organizations/online clubs on FB much like how people do it by creating forums. it won’t be like an exact clone of forums here, but it’ll be more like a hangout spot for all of the members just to share random things, get to know each other on a more personal level or even ask car questions over there. the group can still be monitored by the same admins on here so no one can step out of line.

so the point i’m trying to go with this is that the forums can be reserved for car related stuff and the group page can be more focused on hanging out, sharing random things, also car related stuff, etc.

by the way, i am aware that ETCG has a facebook “FAN” page. this idea is different from that.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
      Keymaster

I’d be fine with this idea. The ‘fan’ page was taken down recently due to a strange set of circumstances. If you do end up doing this post a link to this thread so that I can check it out.

KZ 259KZ 259
        Participant

all right Eric awesome! i’ll have it set up and post the link here and we’ll go from there. it might take a bit of time since i’ve never done this and i am not so much as an “expert” user of facebook, but i’ll figure it out : – )

Keymaster

No worries man. I appreciate the effort and I look forward to what you come up with. BTW I don’t know if I’ve thanked you. Thanks.

KZ 259KZ 259
            Participant

no, thank you eric!! and sorry for being 2 weeks late!

okay, so i’m gonna start working on it tonight for a bit. what should the name be, eric? and i think the group page should be locked so not ANYBODY can just simply join. who knows what might happen if that was allowed. so for the name. how about just “ETCG” or “ETCG FanPage”? i’ll set the group as “closed” so people who are interested can send in requests to the admins so they can join.

KZ 259KZ 259
              Participant

eric, i need your facebook name and all others who are interested in joining so i can officially start the group!! so lets the ball rolling on this!

i decided to name the group “ETCG FanPage” because we have ETCG for normal repair videos, ETCG1 for talking about issues around the mechanical aspect of cars but not directly, and now i think the “ETCG FanPage” will be a nice addition to the list of names!! X – )

JoshJosh
                Participant

mine is Josh Moak, would love to join it!

Keymaster

The EricTheCarGuy facebook page is just that, a page. As such it doesn’t allow me to do as much as an individual FB member. The page name is EricTheCarGuy however.

Thanks for doing this. Don’t forget to post a link here when it’s up.

KZ 259KZ 259
                    Participant

[quote=”EricTheCarGuy” post=43018]The EricTheCarGuy facebook page is just that, a page. As such it doesn’t allow me to do as much as an individual FB member. The page name is EricTheCarGuy however.

Thanks for doing this. Don’t forget to post a link here when it’s up.[/quote]

yeah, that’s the thing eric. when trying to create the new group page, it requires that i have some members join in before the group goes live. i can’t add you because your account is considered to be a “page” on FB, not a “people”

i can still make the group page if the members want, but i would need an actual personal FB account for you to join eric. if anyone knows how to get around this, let me know. it would be kind of a bummer if eric couldn’t be part of the group : – /

Keymaster

I hope there is a way around it because I’m reluctant to give up my personal FB page for obvious reasons. Keep us posted.

KZ 259KZ 259
                        Participant

ehh, not looking good eric. i tried googling in to see if i could add a “page” account to a group and it doesn’t seem possible, but here is another idea. instead of using your personal FB account, maybe you could make up another account just for the purpose of participating in the group? if you’re still uncomfortable with that idea, then it’s okay. i don’t want to add any pressure on to you.

Keymaster

It’s not possible. From what I found when I created my ‘page’ you can’t have 2 accounts for the same person or they’ll pull them both.

I appreciate the effort but if it’s more trouble than it’s worth I suppose we have to let it go.

KZ 259KZ 259
                            Participant

all right eric, agreed. thanks for looking into it though : – )

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            Loading…