Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • how to replace intermediate shaft bearing

how to replace intermediate shaft bearing

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge ETCG Suggestion Box how to replace intermediate shaft bearing

• Creator
    Topic
    mikimiki
    Participant

hi Eric. i have seen that you repair a lot of hondas. could you make a video of a intermediate shaft bearing change. the hondas has a lot of problems with the axles but nobody ever made a video of the bearing change. sorry for the bad speling. i AM from denmark.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
      Keymaster

Thanks for your request. It’s very difficult to produce videos for individual requests like this since the same vehicle needs to come in with the same problem and I need time to shoot the video. It happens very rarely.

In the case of those bearings. To be honest, it’s not a common issue I’ve run into. Most times when I see problems with those bearings it’s the result of poor installation, or damage caused by outside forces. The fix is to replace the axle assembly. It’s very difficult to replace just the bearing without a press and likely not something a DIYer would be able to do successfully.

Thanks again for the request and good luck.

Bruce NguyenBruce Nguyen
        Participant

late reply, but just so people in the future know it’s replaceable and easy, basically take out snap rings on both sides, pound out with 32mm socket, press in new one with 36mm socket (guessing you are pressing in on the outside of the bearing. anyways original writeup here https://www.preludepower.com/forums/printthread.php?t=330951 look at it on mobile phone to see broken images and click on them to see it. not complicated at all, very easy. cost of rebuild kit is oem honda $30

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…