Menu

4th Gen Nissan Altima Transmission

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 4th Gen Nissan Altima Transmission

• Creator
    Topic
    ZekeZeke
    Participant

Hello,

I own a 4th gen 2009 Nissan Altima 2.5s with a little over 121k miles. I’ve read numerous articles about the transmission going bad in them. Anyways in the coming months I had planned to get a pretty nice sound system installed in my car but won’t opt to do it if I’m better off selling the vehicle due to potential early transmission failure that may happen down the road.

My question is, with proper maintenance should my transmission be fine enough that I can make the decision to put a nice sound system in it; or is the transmission just trash from poor design that I’m just better off selling it and getting another vehicle? The 2nd gen Mazda 6 has been on my mind as a potential replacement.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Dave TidmanDave Tidman
      Participant

Your question is difficult to impossible to answer on a forum like this. In any car, the transmission could go 400000 miles or it could break tomorrow. Proper maintenance will definitely make it last longer, but there are no guarantees.

That said, the Nissan CVT has been problematic. I would make sure all the TSBs have been applied.

It’s a tough decision good luck witch ever decision you make.

Antonio C MichaelAntonio C Michael
        Participant

This is a very hard question to answer if you maintain the transmission it could last you your lifetime now everything on a vehicle will eventually need maintenance and new parts doesn’t mean the car is crap because people have had issues that just means that people make mistakes are you having any shifting problems right now hard shifts or delayed shifts with the vehicle transmission

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…