• onyx's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Work Monkey! Work!
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #68252 by onyx
Just for the Ladies! was created by onyx
This forum is just for the ladies out there that do their own car/truck work or want to chat about things.

Enjoy!

Onyx

banana:

-onyx
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by onyx.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moonlight, Jonnygirl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Advertisement
More
6 years 4 months ago #68290 by Moonlight
Replied by Moonlight on topic Just for the Ladies!
Hello to all the lady out there. I'm trish. I'm a backyard mechanic, being a single mom who has learn from need to get point a to b. Think about going to college for mechanic. banana:

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #68439 by Inverlass
Replied by Inverlass on topic Just for the Ladies!
Hello Tish, I'm here in Scotland I have a new small shop mostly dealing with Mercedes cars.
Today, I am replacing a gearbox filter and changing the backend and gearbox oil (EP90)on a $96000 SLR
College seems to be a nightmare. I would look at doing courses at a manufacturer which they run for a little Money. Eric's Videos are a great starting point too.

How are you doing?
Jane
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Inverlass.

More
6 years 4 months ago #68949 by Spannerbird
Replied by Spannerbird on topic Just for the Ladies!
Hey all!

I'm a chick/woman/lady/bird living in Denver, and I just bought a 1953 Studebaker Commander Starlight from a guy in California. I own 2 other cars. One of them is a 1967 Ford Ranchero my dad bought new. The other is a 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX. My dad worked on the Ford as long as he owned it, and taught me quite a bit about auto mechanics.

I sort of fell in love with the body style of the Studebaker and found that it's mostly really easy to work on. I think of it sort of like Apple computers (Macs) and how everything just makes sense in the operating system. I've found a few cases where it doesn't though such as checking the gearbox fluid. If you have carpet in it, good luck! The hole, which is covered to check it is under the carpet. Maybe there's something I don't know about it, and the carpet, but oh well. That's not that inconvenient.

This isn't one of the better pics I have of it, but I'll put more on, once I get them off my phone.

Arielle
spannerbird.com
facebook.com/spanner.bird
Attachments:

More
6 years 4 months ago #68967 by Moonlight
hi, jane & spannerbird. :cheer: I've been working on my mercury marquis 1994 & My mom's hyundia 2000.My mercury has problem with the steering colum, electric problems, linkage, ect. My mom's hyundia was used I've had to replaced & Give it some tlc. It's drive me crazy. I've always want a old firebird to fix up.

Advertisement
More
6 years 3 months ago #70218 by Shikaru12
Replied by Shikaru12 on topic Just for the Ladies!
Hi
I'm Vie from Indonesia ^^
I'm hoping to have reference about engine here ^^
and some friend to ^^

Vie - Blue Toyota Soluna - Ina

More
6 years 3 months ago #70222 by Moonlight
hi, vie. good to meet u.

More
6 years 3 months ago #70236 by Shikaru12
Replied by Shikaru12 on topic Just for the Ladies!
Hi Moonlight, nice to meet you ^^

Vie - Blue Toyota Soluna - Ina

More
5 years 11 months ago #83277 by chevygirl1014
Replied by chevygirl1014 on topic Just for the Ladies!
Hey Ladies! My name is Kristin a 22 y/o who is looking into going to school to be an automotive technician. Is there any advice you can give for someone who doesn't have a lot of experience working on cars. My boyfriend owns his own shop and taught me the basics of changing my own tires and oil but a guys point of view is a lot different than a women's.

• lar1969
  • Ford Flate-Rate Tech
More
5 years 8 months ago #90725 by lar1969
Replied by lar1969 on topic Just for the Ladies!
Hey Trish! My screen name is lar1969, but my first name is Lee Ann. I am a single mom (currently unemployed)of 3 girls and have found it necessary to start fixing my own cars. I have a red 1997 Saturn SC2 which is my current project car. I have enjoyed diagnosing/improving the performance of this vehicle but it is the Saturn LW 300 that I own which has caused me to start doing my own repairs (so I dont have to shell out $500.00 every time it needs something :( ) I also am considering a career in Automotive Technology because I am having so much fun wrenching on my own cars!

My dad helped lay my foundation at an early age for mechanics but Eric, through his videos, has taught me tons since I have begun this journey.
Good luck to you. Hope to hear from you.

Daily Driver 97 Saturn SC2, DOHC,I4-LL0, 1.9L, 4 cyl., MFI, 5 speed, red, 228K mi
Fav Car Owned-78 Chevy Camaro, 305 V8, auto, black, 205K mi
Departed-01 Saturn SC2, 3 door, DOHC, auto, white, 235K mi, brkn time chain
02 Saturn LW 300, auto, silver,135K mi
00 Honda Civic VP, auto, silver,217K mi

Advertisement
Time to create page: 0.280 seconds