The End of A Summer Semester

• lar1969
  • lar1969's Avatar Topic Author
  • Ford Flate-Rate Tech
More
4 years 4 months ago #143720 by lar1969
The End of A Summer Semester was created by lar1969
Officially, the end of the Summer 2015 Semester occurred late Thursday evening July 30, after Manual Trans Lab. It was a pretty intense semester as it was only 8 weeks long instead of the usual 16 weeks that the regular Spring and Fall Semesters run. (It was reminiscent of the summer I took Calculus 3 for my Chemistry degree) I learned so much about two systems (Manual Trans and Brakes) that I haven't had much hands-on exposure at the DIY level. As for brakes on my own vehicles (and of course anyone elses), I always thought were too important to screw up so all I did were visual inspections. And Trans, well, that kind of speaks for itself. However, I would feel very comfortable working on either system now. I am actually looking forward to a clutch job soon.

I had an interview with a Ford Dealership to round out my semester. I was impressed with the facility and how they seem to treat their customers and employees. Also, they seem to support my professional goals. I should hear something soon. Excited to get started!

Next semester is a Full-Time schedule. My coursework will include: Engines, Engine Performance, HVAC and Alignment Steering and Suspensions, possibly a credit of Field Experience. If this schedule works out (sometimes classes get cancelled due to low enrollment), I will only have 2-3 classes in the Spring Semester: Hybrid Safety and Service, Electronic Engine Controls and Field Experience. I plan to continue working as a Student Employee in the Auto Tech Dept at school until graduation, May 2016.

Daily Driver 97 Saturn SC2, DOHC,I4-LL0, 1.9L, 4 cyl., MFI, 5 speed, red, 228K mi
Fav Car Owned-78 Chevy Camaro, 305 V8, auto, black, 205K mi
Departed-01 Saturn SC2, 3 door, DOHC, auto, white, 235K mi, brkn time chain
02 Saturn LW 300, auto, silver,135K mi
00 Honda Civic VP, auto, silver,217K mi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Advertisement
More
4 years 4 months ago #143763 by college man
Replied by college man on topic The End of A Summer Semester
Congratulations Lee Ann you go girl. :)

Believe it or not Iam trying to help you.

Proud to be Eric The Car Guy Certified.

Over 10,000 posts strong.

Mobil1 New Jersey highway tested everyday.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lar1969

• lar1969
  • lar1969's Avatar Topic Author
  • Ford Flate-Rate Tech
More
4 years 3 months ago #144320 by lar1969
Replied by lar1969 on topic The End of A Summer Semester
Summer Semester grades are officially available. A's.

I start my job at the Ford Dealership Monday August 10...So glad to get started.

I might have an opportunity to do some teaching in the Fall Semester at school. Not sure exactly what but amazing things have been happening lately :woohoo:

Hope to win a scholarship or two also.

Daily Driver 97 Saturn SC2, DOHC,I4-LL0, 1.9L, 4 cyl., MFI, 5 speed, red, 228K mi
Fav Car Owned-78 Chevy Camaro, 305 V8, auto, black, 205K mi
Departed-01 Saturn SC2, 3 door, DOHC, auto, white, 235K mi, brkn time chain
02 Saturn LW 300, auto, silver,135K mi
00 Honda Civic VP, auto, silver,217K mi

Time to create page: 0.229 seconds