Menu

The End of A Summer Semester

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Girls in the Garage The End of A Summer Semester

• Creator
    Topic
    Lee AnnLee Ann

Officially, the end of the Summer 2015 Semester occurred late Thursday evening July 30, after Manual Trans Lab. It was a pretty intense semester as it was only 8 weeks long instead of the usual 16 weeks that the regular Spring and Fall Semesters run. (It was reminiscent of the summer I took Calculus 3 for my Chemistry degree) I learned so much about two systems (Manual Trans and Brakes) that I haven’t had much hands-on exposure at the DIY level. As for brakes on my own vehicles (and of course anyone elses), I always thought were too important to screw up so all I did were visual inspections. And Trans, well, that kind of speaks for itself. However, I would feel very comfortable working on either system now. I am actually looking forward to a clutch job soon.

I had an interview with a Ford Dealership to round out my semester. I was impressed with the facility and how they seem to treat their customers and employees. Also, they seem to support my professional goals. I should hear something soon. Excited to get started!

Next semester is a Full-Time schedule. My coursework will include: Engines, Engine Performance, HVAC and Alignment Steering and Suspensions, possibly a credit of Field Experience. If this schedule works out (sometimes classes get cancelled due to low enrollment), I will only have 2-3 classes in the Spring Semester: Hybrid Safety and Service, Electronic Engine Controls and Field Experience. I plan to continue working as a Student Employee in the Auto Tech Dept at school until graduation, May 2016.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man

Congratulations Lee Ann you go girl. 🙂

Lee AnnLee Ann

Summer Semester grades are officially available. A’s.

I start my job at the Ford Dealership Monday August 10…So glad to get started.

I might have an opportunity to do some teaching in the Fall Semester at school. Not sure exactly what but amazing things have been happening lately :woohoo:

Hope to win a scholarship or two also.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…