Menu

94 accord EX cuts off when stopping

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Girls in the Garage 94 accord EX cuts off when stopping

• Creator
    Topic
    TonyaTonya
    Participant

I have a 94 Honda Accord EX. It runs beautifully. Every time I come to a stop or get ready to turn it shuts off. It starts right back up after. Replaced just about everything. Idle air control valve, distributor unit, fuel pump, fuel filter, IAC valve, ERG valve, main relay, ignition switch and harness, PCV valve, engine coolant temp sensor, O2 sensor, map sensor, charcoal canister and vent solenoid, throttle position sensor, fuel pressure regulator, New rebuilt ECU, fuel sending unit, I had a rebuilt transmission one year ago. Can anyone help me fix this issue? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I see a lot of older Honda owners are going through and have gone through this. I had it in the shop for three weeks and they’ve tested everything or so they said and can’t find the issue.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Lee AnnLee Ann

Is the check engine light on? Any codes?

TonyaTonya
        Participant

Thank you for your time. There’s no codes or check engine lights. I’m puzzled. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TonyaTonya
          Participant

Could a speed sensor cause this? I have no other symptoms of a bad speed sensor. I’m just brainstorming.

Caleb StovallCaleb Stovall
            Participant

Is your catalytic converter clogged?
              I don’t believe it will throw a code on a 94 model because Honda didn’t start using the 2nd o2 sensor after the cat until 96.
              At least on all of them I’ve worked on, I’m sure there is at least one odd ball out there.

TonyaTonya
              Participant

The technician at the shop said he checked the converter and it wasn’t clogged.

Participant

Is there a difference between cold idle (when you start the car) and hot idle?

TonyaTonya
                  Participant

When I start it it sounds a little high but after 30 seconds or so it idles normal. When it’s warm it idles normal. It runs like a dream. It just cuts off when I slow down and sometimes when I slow down and turn.

TonyaTonya
                    Participant

It idles high when its first cranked up. After 30 seconds or so it drops to normal.

Participant

Doesn’t sound like an idle problem then.
                        If it is during slowing and turns I’d be looking at the transmission fluid levels.

TonyaTonya
                        Participant

The transmission was rebuilt last year. The fluid level is full. It doesn’t slow down when I turn. It completely shuts off when I come to a stop or sometimes in the middle of a turn after I’ve applied the brakes. Do you think the speed sensor could cause this?

Lee AnnLee Ann

It sounds like an electrical problem.

TonyaTonya
                            Participant

I’d like to thank you for ALL of your time and help! I’m going to just take it to Honda tomorrow. I hope they can tell me something. I bet your right. I’ll keep you posted. You’re the greatest!!!!! Thank you again! 🙂

Lee AnnLee Ann

[quote=”nefrotibian” post=171383]I’d like to thank you for ALL of your time and help! I’m going to just take it to Honda tomorrow. I hope they can tell me something. I bet your right. I’ll keep you posted. You’re the greatest!!!!! Thank you again! :)[/quote]

Yes, please keep us posted. Thanks.

Michelle CulpMichelle Culp
                                Participant

HAVE U CHECKED TO SEE IF U HAVE ANY VACUUM LEAKS?

RobRob
                                  Participant

I would check closlly around the EGR and Evap system…. sounds like to me that you have some problem around that… you will have to check all the sencors like the map sencor wich is very comman to cause those problems in cars… clean all the sensors like intake with correct cleaners and see if that helps… I dont think it has to deal with your trans from what I was reading… also like Mrs.Culp.2012 said check for vacuum leaks…
                                    also you can do a compression test and see if that is wierd I dont think anything could be wrong in that bt you can check it… also check the PCV if its baddly dirty if not really bad just clan with some starter fluid in it and shake it up

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  Loading…