94 accord EX cuts off when stopping

• nefrotibian
  • Topic Author
  • 1st Gear
  • 1st Gear
More
3 years 4 months ago #171332 by nefrotibian
Replied by nefrotibian on topic 94 accord EX cuts off when stopping
The transmission was rebuilt last year. The fluid level is full. It doesn't slow down when I turn. It completely shuts off when I come to a stop or sometimes in the middle of a turn after I've applied the brakes. Do you think the speed sensor could cause this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lar1969
  • Ford Flate-Rate Tech
More
3 years 4 months ago #171381 by lar1969
Replied by lar1969 on topic 94 accord EX cuts off when stopping
It sounds like an electrical problem.

Daily Driver 97 Saturn SC2, DOHC,I4-LL0, 1.9L, 4 cyl., MFI, 5 speed, red, 228K mi
Fav Car Owned-78 Chevy Camaro, 305 V8, auto, black, 205K mi
Departed-01 Saturn SC2, 3 door, DOHC, auto, white, 235K mi, brkn time chain
02 Saturn LW 300, auto, silver,135K mi
00 Honda Civic VP, auto, silver,217K mi

• nefrotibian
  • Topic Author
  • 1st Gear
  • 1st Gear
More
3 years 4 months ago #171383 by nefrotibian
I'd like to thank you for ALL of your time and help! I'm going to just take it to Honda tomorrow. I hope they can tell me something. I bet your right. I'll keep you posted. You're the greatest!!!!! Thank you again! :)

• lar1969
  • Ford Flate-Rate Tech
More
3 years 4 months ago #171447 by lar1969
Replied by lar1969 on topic 94 accord EX cuts off when stopping

nefrotibian wrote: I'd like to thank you for ALL of your time and help! I'm going to just take it to Honda tomorrow. I hope they can tell me something. I bet your right. I'll keep you posted. You're the greatest!!!!! Thank you again! :)

Yes, please keep us posted. Thanks.

Daily Driver 97 Saturn SC2, DOHC,I4-LL0, 1.9L, 4 cyl., MFI, 5 speed, red, 228K mi
Fav Car Owned-78 Chevy Camaro, 305 V8, auto, black, 205K mi
Departed-01 Saturn SC2, 3 door, DOHC, auto, white, 235K mi, brkn time chain
02 Saturn LW 300, auto, silver,135K mi
00 Honda Civic VP, auto, silver,217K mi

More
3 years 4 months ago #171566 by Mrs.Culp.2012
Replied by Mrs.Culp.2012 on topic 94 accord EX cuts off when stopping
HAVE U CHECKED TO SEE IF U HAVE ANY VACUUM LEAKS?

• Rob781
  • 6th Gear
  • 6th Gear
  • Was Born before the Dinosaurs
More
3 years 4 months ago #171580 by Rob781
Replied by Rob781 on topic 94 accord EX cuts off when stopping
I would check closlly around the EGR and Evap system.... sounds like to me that you have some problem around that... you will have to check all the sencors like the map sencor wich is very comman to cause those problems in cars... clean all the sensors like intake with correct cleaners and see if that helps... I dont think it has to deal with your trans from what I was reading... also like Mrs.Culp.2012 said check for vacuum leaks...
also you can do a compression test and see if that is wierd I dont think anything could be wrong in that bt you can check it... also check the PCV if its baddly dirty if not really bad just clan with some starter fluid in it and shake it up

• nefrotibian
  • Topic Author
  • 1st Gear
  • 1st Gear
More
3 years 3 months ago #172794 by nefrotibian
I've noticed that many people state their problem but never come back and post what the actual fix was. I've had the car at the Honda dealership for two weeks now. They've so called narrowed it down. Honda said its the fuel injectors. Im having them replaced by Honda and the car should be finished this week. They had to order the injectors. I'll definitely keep you posted. Thanks again for EVERYONES help.

More
3 years 3 months ago #174526 by soccertrickster2015
Replied by soccertrickster2015 on topic 94 accord EX cuts off when stopping
Did you get the problem fixed? I cant seem to find a date for when stuff is posted on here

• nefrotibian
  • Topic Author
  • 1st Gear
  • 1st Gear
More
3 years 3 months ago #174537 by nefrotibian
No I didn't. Honda said it was the fuel injectors. They replaced them and it didn't fix the problem. Going to change the fuel pump harness this week. I also found that the fuel pressure regulator on my car isn't for my 94. It's for a 97. I can feel and hear the air at the hose. The hose fits a little big. Going to replace that too this week. I'm also going to replace the check valve going to the brake system. I'll post again at the end of the week. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks!!!

• nefrotibian
  • Topic Author
  • 1st Gear
  • 1st Gear
More
3 years 3 months ago #174860 by nefrotibian
UPDATE!! I finally got the car to stop shutting off. After 3 new fuel pumps from advanced auto I bought an OEM used fuel pump and fuel pump harness wire set off eBay. Installed them and the car does not shut off anymore. I only have one problem now. When I start the car and put it in gear it wants to take off by its self. It's idling really high. I suspect it's a vacuum leak because I have a new IAC valve. My ABS brake light is on now so I'm thinking it could be a vacuum leak in the booster or the check valve. The worst part is over. I'll keep you posted!☺️

Time to create page: 0.261 seconds