What do you ride?

More
6 years 3 months ago #71131 by richiepearce
Replied by richiepearce on topic What do you ride?
I have a Yamaha FZR 100 EXUP 1990.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wrench Turner

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #71517 by roywrench22
Replied by roywrench22 on topic What do you ride?
I ride a 2006 Suzuki DRZ400. Fun amazingly powerful dual sport. Before that I rode a 1988 Harley FXR for 18 years.

More
6 years 2 months ago #72632 by 2wheeler851
Replied by 2wheeler851 on topic What do you ride?
I have a number of bikes but the three main ones are a 2003 Harley FLSTCI (Heritage Classic), a 1989 Yamaha XV250 Route 66 (Virago) and a 1982 Suzuki GS450L. Haven't ridden much in the last three years but I'll share this little story. I bought the little 250cc Yamaha off of E-Bay from a guy in New Bedford, MA several years ago...in November (Thanksgiving time). Flew up, took possesion and rode it back to Louisiana. Had to purchase a tire and a chain on the way while trying to outrun weather (as in snow, ice and rain). I had on everything I could come up with to try to keep from freezing but I was afraid to stop for fear the snow would catch me. I think the lowest temp I ran into was 16 degrees. Believe me, what I was wearing was not enough. I was one cold dude!!

More
6 years 2 months ago #72635 by GearHeadTom
Replied by GearHeadTom on topic What do you ride?
I've got a scooter haha A 1990 Piaggio Sfera 50, with 70cc big bore kit. I've also got a few Honda 3 wheelers an '85 250sx, and an '83 185s.

More
6 years 2 months ago #74277 by Dennymambo
Replied by Dennymambo on topic What do you ride?
Technically, nothing at the moment :(

Various friends trail bikes as a kid.

My first road bike was a 1987 GSX-R 250. I got it to get my motorcycle license on, but ended up keeping it for years as it was such a good bike. Sold it to move overseas.

Now I have a Kawasaki ZX6R (ZX600) G1. Got it as a $1600 trade in from a dealership. As it has no plates or registration. Although it has 120,000 km (74,875 mi) on the clock, it seems to have been looked after and still has a lot of poke.

After getting new rubber, it went straight into the garage, where I stripped it naked, strung it up and began messing round with it. Minds out of the gutter please people :P

It's kinda snowballed from a steering head bearings and battery change. While removing cowling, I noticed oil leakage from right fork. So new fork oil seals, slide bushes, fork oil and dust seals. While waiting for seals to arrive, I decided to do valve clearances and spark plugs. As I needed a micrometer to do valve clearances, I used it to measure front brake rotors. Below minimum service limit.

Will post some pics when I go out to garage to put valve cover back on it tomorrow afternoon. :)

More
6 years 2 months ago #74942 by TehTDK
Replied by TehTDK on topic What do you ride?
Presently working on getting my motorbike license, but I got the "hots" for an Yamaha XJ600N since that was the bike I used for the first bit on my "training". The primary "school" bike I will be driving is a Kawasaki ER5 500ccm so I will have to see how I take to that.

But I am looking forward to getting my license and get to driving.

More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #75252 by nickwarner
Replied by nickwarner on topic What do you ride?
My favorite one is the one I currently own, a 79 Yamaha XS1100. Once you hit four digit engines you can never go back. It has a nice riding stance that doesn't make my back sore like crotch rockets do, a comfortable seat yet more than enough power and agility if I want to lay down the hammer a bit. Going to rip it down this winter and do a few tweaks to the motor along with some new paint.

Saving up my money for the new Raider S. What could go wrong with a factory chopped 1850cc EFI V-twin? My girl saw one at a bike show and told me we need to get it. She had never ridden on one until she met me, now she hounds me about getting to ride on it. I use my bike as a commuter any day the weather is nice and I don't absolutely need my truck.
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by nickwarner. Reason: typo

More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #81928 by SkyPuncher
Replied by SkyPuncher on topic What do you ride?
New here and was glad to see a motorcycle thread. As this is just my second post I'll keep it short and to the point. Here are a few that I currently own/ride.

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by SkyPuncher. Reason: need to update last pic.

• Raistian77
  • 6th Gear
  • 6th Gear
  • Kevin, Clarksville, TN
More
5 years 11 months ago #82043 by Raistian77
Replied by Raistian77 on topic What do you ride?

SkyPuncher wrote: New here and was glad to see a motorcycle thread. As this is just my second post I'll keep it short and to the point. Here are a few that I currently own/ride.

This is the one I had for years till my illness got bad enough that I had issues riding than I sold it.

Restored it from being a barn bike.

Church: No matter how bad things may seem-
Caboose: They could be worse.
Church: Nope. No matter how things may seem they can't be better and they can't be worse. Because thats the way things are and you had better get used to it nancy so quit your bitching

Attachments:

More
5 years 11 months ago #82044 by SkyPuncher
Replied by SkyPuncher on topic What do you ride?
Nice Suzuki, bet it was like riding on a cloud over long distances!

Time to create page: 0.337 seconds