Menu

What do you ride?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Motorcycle Forum What do you ride?

• Creator
    Topic
    Eliud MunozEliud Munoz
    Participant

I would like to start off the forum by asking what people ride. Pics and funny stories would be nice to hear. I would like to start off and say that I ride a 1982 Yamaha xj650. I got it during a police impound auction for about 500$. I have only learned how to ride and have still yet to get my license. I want to fix it up before I get my license. Am glade Eric made this. Hope people relise that this forum is here. Will ask lots of questions becuse I have never owned a motorcycle and am not too sure on the service. Thanks for taking time to read this. Would love to see others bikes and what not.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      NissanMaxxNissanMaxx
      Participant

I rarely ride anymore but when I do its with my Kawasaki Ninja 250R which I just got started up again and my Yamaha YZ250F which i love to go dirt biking with. My Yamaha I paid myself while my Kawasaki I got from a friend who gave up trying to ride it so he sold it to me. I have been into a few accidents, that’s why I try to avoid riding as much as I can. When your my age and you have this much adrenaline you want to do some crazy stuff. ๐Ÿ˜› But this forum has inspired me to start riding again and hopefully I can use this to help me out. ๐Ÿ˜‰ The pics below are pics of my bike that i got off the internet.

Attachments:
        Dave OlsonDave
        Participant

I have a 1976 Kawasaki KZ 400 D3

JoshuaJoshua
          Participant

If it counts, I ride an 87 ymaha moto 4 250

bought it from a guy for 400 bucks, and its my fall back for when my car breaks down :pinch:

Attachments:
            BluesnutBluesnut
            Participant

Not currently riding but restoring back to original a couple of old Harleys that I’ve owned for decades, rode a lot in the past, and would never part with. I’ve got a few shaky picks somewhere I’ll see if I can get posted.

In the past I’ve owned a number of other bikes; mostly Harleys and Triumphs with one new BMW in the mix.

Tri9SSTri9SS
              Participant

1988 honda NT650 hawk GT first bike bought new.
                1981 Suzuki GS850G got it in 1990.
                2003 Suzuki Hayabusa bought new.
                I still own and ride all three. Believe it or not I like riding all three but the best all around is the GS850G. Two wheels is the best therapy I know of for just about anything that bothers you. Keep riding and take care.

davedave
                Participant

love my 250… I get 200 miles for $12 ๐Ÿ™‚

(mine is the one in the back ๐Ÿ™‚ )

davedave
                  Participant
                    NissanMaxxNissanMaxx
                    Participant

I just realized that me and you almost have the same bike Wrench Turner. ๐Ÿ˜‰

davedave
                      Participant

you get mad thank you and karma points for having excellent taste in motorcycle bikery. B)

richiepearcerichiepearce
                        Participant

I have a Yamaha FZR 100 EXUP 1990.

Attachments:
                          Roy FrenchRoy French
                          Participant

I ride a 2006 Suzuki DRZ400. Fun amazingly powerful dual sport. Before that I rode a 1988 Harley FXR for 18 years.

RaymondRaymond
                            Participant

I have a number of bikes but the three main ones are a 2003 Harley FLSTCI (Heritage Classic), a 1989 Yamaha XV250 Route 66 (Virago) and a 1982 Suzuki GS450L. Haven’t ridden much in the last three years but I’ll share this little story. I bought the little 250cc Yamaha off of E-Bay from a guy in New Bedford, MA several years ago…in November (Thanksgiving time). Flew up, took possesion and rode it back to Louisiana. Had to purchase a tire and a chain on the way while trying to outrun weather (as in snow, ice and rain). I had on everything I could come up with to try to keep from freezing but I was afraid to stop for fear the snow would catch me. I think the lowest temp I ran into was 16 degrees. Believe me, what I was wearing was not enough. I was one cold dude!!

ThomasThomas
                              Participant

I’ve got a scooter haha A 1990 Piaggio Sfera 50, with 70cc big bore kit. I’ve also got a few Honda 3 wheelers an ’85 250sx, and an ’83 185s.

PeterPeter
                                Participant

Technically, nothing at the moment ๐Ÿ™

Various friends trail bikes as a kid.

My first road bike was a 1987 GSX-R 250. I got it to get my motorcycle license on, but ended up keeping it for years as it was such a good bike. Sold it to move overseas.

Now I have a Kawasaki ZX6R (ZX600) G1. Got it as a $1600 trade in from a dealership. As it has no plates or registration. Although it has 120,000 km (74,875 mi) on the clock, it seems to have been looked after and still has a lot of poke.

After getting new rubber, it went straight into the garage, where I stripped it naked, strung it up and began messing round with it. Minds out of the gutter please people ๐Ÿ˜›

It’s kinda snowballed from a steering head bearings and battery change. While removing cowling, I noticed oil leakage from right fork. So new fork oil seals, slide bushes, fork oil and dust seals. While waiting for seals to arrive, I decided to do valve clearances and spark plugs. As I needed a micrometer to do valve clearances, I used it to measure front brake rotors. Below minimum service limit.

Will post some pics when I go out to garage to put valve cover back on it tomorrow afternoon. ๐Ÿ™‚

Flemming JacobsenFlemming Jacobsen
                                  Participant

Presently working on getting my motorbike license, but I got the “hots” for an Yamaha XJ600N since that was the bike I used for the first bit on my “training”. The primary “school” bike I will be driving is a Kawasaki ER5 500ccm so I will have to see how I take to that.

But I am looking forward to getting my license and get to driving.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  Loading…