Menu

Do I better buy a new bike?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Motorcycle Forum Do I better buy a new bike?

• Creator
    Topic
    César MorganCésar Morgan
    Participant

Ok, it’s not my bike, but I rode it a lot.
      First of all it’s a 2009 Genesis GTX200. This bike has seen a lot of action in its life. Its first (mechanical) issue was a battery-short after my friend (the owner) washed it on his house. Then a blown fuse followed. After that, we had to replace the keys because part of the dashboard melt down due to a massive short circuit (yup, it catched fire) and finally, we burnt the starter relay. Of course, this was a major electrical problem, so we took it to a shop to swap everything. It somewhat solved the problems, but now, it’s very hard to turn it on. the starter just can’t even turn the engine. if you kickstart it, you’ll be kicking A LOT… of course, it will eventually turn on, but it starts to make a sound like it’s misfiring, and also there’s a lot of smoke. Thus, the more reasonable idea is to just buy a new bike, but I want to know your thoughts… is that fixable? or we will waste time if we try yet again to repair it?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      michael glynnmichael glynn
      Participant

It sounds like you got water into places it shouldn’t be, Including the engine. Did you use powerful jetwash perhaps?
        If so you got to strip it and clean it
        White smoke= water
        Blue smoke= oil
        Black smoke= excessive fuel

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…