Menu

Yes it’s true

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Motorcycle Forum Yes it’s true

• Creator
    Topic
    Lee AnnLee Ann

Are you ready for this…
      I also ride!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      MikeMike
      Participant

Which bike(s) do you own?

Lee AnnLee Ann

I currently own a 2003 Suzuki GZ250.
          As a teen, I learned how to ride my cousins dirtbike. Then my dad taught me how to ride his Honda 1980 CX500. Later, I rode a Honda ’79 CB750 and an 80’s Honda Shadow.
          Also owned a 79 Honda GL1100 back in ’94.
          You?

MikeMike
          Participant

Wow. Nice bikes, all. I’ve always liked the CX Hondas.

I own a ’71 BMW R75/5, and a ’76 Sportster. I’ve had several English bikes in the past, and I learned to ride on a ’78 Yamaha TT500. That was the only Japanese bike I’ve owned so far, and I miss it a lot.

Lee AnnLee Ann

[quote=”Evil-i” post=142210]Wow. Nice bikes, all. I’ve always liked the CX Hondas.

I own a ’71 BMW R75/5, and a ’76 Sportster. I’ve had several English bikes in the past, and I learned to ride on a ’78 Yamaha TT500. That was the only Japanese bike I’ve owned so far, and I miss it a lot.[/quote]

Nice, BMW & “Sporty”. RE: BMW-What color? Do you have the hard cases on it?

All I have owned/ridden have been Japanese. Reliable bikes, I’ll tell you. The GL1100 was a heavy bike but sweet. Some real power there. Almost layed the CB750 down, turning too fast over some gravel. The back tire moved out from under me…scared the living crap out of me. I adapted my turning technique after that (I’d guess that most of us have a “close call” story in our backrounds but it didn’t keep me away from riding. Just made me more aware of the reality of safety issues).
              At one point, we considered buying matching “Sporties.” It was a good thing we didn’t as the timing was off. But hey, life changes (constantly) and who knows what the future holds…
              But yeah, speaking of British bikes-you familiar with the Triumph Trident?

MikeMike
              Participant

The BMW is white, with a black stripe front-to-back, along the center of the fenders and tank. The stripe is airbrushed and has soft “fogged” edges, not crisp edges like a racing stripe. I don’t have hard luggage for the bike, but I use a pair of nylon saddlebags that I throw over the fender when I need to carry a few things.

I admire the Triumph Trident/BSA Rocket triples, but I’ve never owned one. They always were a bit of a rarity, and I haven’t seen many at all over the years. A Vetter X-75 Hurricane is one of those motorcycles that’s on my list of “Bikes I Must Own Before I’m Too Old To Kickstart The Damn Things”. So is a first-generation Honda SOHC CB750K.

Thomas J AhernThomas J Ahern
                Participant

I have been to the Triumph Factory School (A in mechanics, A+ in Advanced mechanics) & while triples are good for smoothness , I always figured-Why have a X-tra set of points , carbuerator , coil , etc.-when I can get the same power out of a twin with the same cc’s. Of Course , I was looking at it from a backyard type Dragracing experience & also in the late ’60s/early 70’s. Irish

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Loading…