86 honda goldwing GL 1200 SEi ignition switch

• roadwanderer2
  • Topic Author
  • 2nd Gear
  • 2nd Gear
More
3 years 5 months ago #169309 by roadwanderer2
86 honda goldwing GL 1200 SEi ignition switch was created by roadwanderer2
first let me wish everyone a HAPPY 4TH OF JULY and try to be safe out there. now, can anyone please tell me how to remove the ignition switch on an 86 Honda goldwing GL1200 SEi? the ignition switch developed a short and i need to swap it out for another one. i've checked all the videos available and none of them show how to remove the ignition switch.

thanks,

stuart.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Advertisement
  • Rob781
  • 6th Gear
  • 6th Gear
  • Was Born before the Dinosaurs
More
3 years 4 months ago #170281 by Rob781

roadwanderer2 wrote: first let me wish everyone a HAPPY 4TH OF JULY and try to be safe out there. now, can anyone please tell me how to remove the ignition switch on an 86 Honda goldwing GL1200 SEi? the ignition switch developed a short and i need to swap it out for another one. i've checked all the videos available and none of them show how to remove the ignition switch.

thanks,

stuart.

Sorry I dont know about bikes but maybe this will help
goldwingdocs.com/How-To-Articles.asp

• roadwanderer2
  • Topic Author
  • 2nd Gear
  • 2nd Gear
More
3 years 4 months ago #170289 by roadwanderer2
Replied by roadwanderer2 on topic 86 honda goldwing GL 1200 SEi ignition switch
Hey 3rdgear, thanks for the reply, im already a member of the goldwingdocs website. theres no "how-to" articles on removing the ignition switch, but i've found out on my own. its the same way as removing the ignition switch on a GL1100. its much easier to remove it with the front fairing off the bike, otherwise you need a 36" 1/4" drive extension with a 10mm socket and go up from under the fairing which makes it kinda difficult if your trying to hold the extension just right to get the socket on the bolt head.

stuart.

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds